The Travelers' choice awards are awarded, as the name suggests, by the travelers themselves and the reviews they write about their experience, with a proprietary algorithm being run by TripAdvisor to find those experiences. This is basically a set of rules in a search index which measures the quality of reviews, the number and the regency of reviews posted by travelers over a twelve-month period.
So, how did the top-ranked experiences use videos to achieve top ranking?
First, let us acknowledge that video is not the only mechanism that has led to the success stories of Floodin PRO users like Cape Canopy Tour (no.2) and Cape Town helicopters (no.6). But based on the data collected from their customer video portals, we can see that customer videos have certainly played a significant part in driving positive reviews on TripAdvisor and across all other social media platforms.
In the case of Cape Canopy Tours Ranked no.2
A video capturing the individual's experience is provided as a free value add to customers which they receive on their mobile phones right after their tour.
Here are 5 reasons why providing customer videos has helped Cape Canopy Tours achieve top spot:
- Their staff capturing and distributing individual videos shows dedication towards going the extra mile in helping improve the overall customer's experience.
- Viewing a high-quality video of a personalized experience helps customers relive that experience, bringing back the emotions they felt on the day before landing on the TripAdvisor write a review page.
- Receiving an experience video directly on mobile, right after the tour helps promote the activity and operations as they have modern, streamlined systems in place that benefit the customer.
- Enabling the customer to share their experience through a personal video sent to their family and friends adds value to their overall experience and their audience's experience with your brand.
- Allowing easy access from their video to the TripAdvisor review page drastically simplifies the customer's review experience and promotes writing the review while the experience is still fresh on the mind.
The results from Cape Canopy Tours video portal page show a substantial 701 banner click-throughs which lead to the TripAdvisor writing a review page to date. The innovative and tech-savvy Director, Ryan Larkman, had this to say about the use of video in their strategy.
“Being able to provide our customers with a great video showcasing their personal experience in such an efficient way, has without a doubt, played a part in us gaining the right exposure which lead to this award."
In the case of Cape Town Helicopters ranked no.6
Cape Town Helicopters is without a doubt the top Helicopter Operator on the African continent having collected a long list of awards and accolades over the years. Their customers receive a complimentary video after their flight which supports their highly revered marketing strategy while adding value to their overall customer's experience. View their customer experience video here.
The Marketing manager Herman Geldenhuys has this to say about using customer videos.
“The add on social media video gives our customers the opportunity to share the experience right away and rate us while they are still captivated by the experience of their flight. It’s an innovative tool that works.”
Other great examples of successful customer videos being used as part of marketing strategies.
Come from Faceadrenalin Bloukrans Bungy, who saw their TripAdvisor reviews double in a month when compared with the previous month after introducing a "Please Rate Us" banner on their video portal page. They also have a vast amount of direct shares to Facebook which ensures friends and family of customers have direct access to their video but also their TripAdvisor page.
The General Manager Braden Tuohey had this to say about using customer videos to drive exposure.
"Our customers are loving the fact that they can engage with us through their videos. The results speak for themselves."
And there you have it.
Customer videos add value to your customer's experience and work towards gaining you the ever more increasingly valued TripAdvisor Review.
We would also like to extend our congratulations to everyone who played a part in the success of Cape Canopy Tours and Cape Town Helicopters achievement and also to Ryan, Herman and Braden for their comments and allowing us the opportunity to share data captured from their video portal pages powered by Floodin.